Monday, October 25, 2010

Garlic Parmesan Wings

I love chicken wings. Well, I love my wings. I rarely order wings out because I like my wings really crispy. Whether breaded or not, it seems like whenever I order wings at a restaurant they aren't crispy. While I'm happy with my method and like my spicy wings, I do love the flavor of garlic Parmesan wings served at most wing places. I made a batch of spicy wings this week and saved some wings to try to duplicate the garlic Parmesan sauce. I'm happy to announce that I hit a bull's-eye with my first try.

Shopping list
2 dozen wing pieces
Oil for frying
2 sticks butter
5 garlic cloves
Grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Fry wings at 375 degrees for approximately 5 minutes.
I used my fryer but you can also fry in deep pot on stove top, don't crowd the pot
Place wings on foil lined baking sheet after frying.
Bake wings at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
While wings are baking, peel and press garlic into sauce pan
      -If you don't have a garlic press, you can finely mince the garlic.
Add butter and red pepper flakes to sauce pan and heat on low for 15 minutes.
Toss hot wings in garlic butter.
Place coated wings on paper plate and dust with Parmesan cheese on all sides.
I dusted six wings at a time.
Enjoy with ice cold beer and make plenty to share.

11 comments:

  1. We sure do love wings. Those look great! Love the parm in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had any wings other than bbq but these sound awesome! Love that garlic parmesan sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Event Planning, Event Planner & Information, Ideas and Resources for Planning Parties, Weddings, Special Events and Meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ingredients...especially the cheese part ;)
    I'll have to try these baked and see what happens to them.

    Beth, thanks for your recent visit...much appreciated.

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting the way you've prepared them nevertheless they are awesome, thanks for the visit....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chicken wings as well. These ones are simple and I am sure tasted heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Garlic Parmesan wings do sound delicious! I've seen 'em at wings places before, but the hubs always orders HOT. Has to order HOT. And I usually just split, but I can definitely make them at home...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth!

    Those look good & easy. Thank You!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of garlic parmesan and my taste buds can already tell the flavors!

    ReplyDelete

What's the buzz?