Thursday, March 3, 2011

Royal Icing Logos

I wanted to decorate a cupcake for my son’s spirit club, Absolute Texxas (yes with two X's), using their logo and UT colors. I decided to make the logo out of royal icing and place on top of the icing. He was impressed and the cupcakes looked great.


The royal icing needs to be very thick in texture. I piped the logo on a Silpat freehand and let dry. Immediately after I iced the cupcakes, I placed the logo on the cupcakes. I let the logos dry for 12 hours. I made 20 icing logos and about half survived so be prepared to make more than you need.


I’m excited to try making other decorations using the royal icing and piping on the Silpat. I like this idea for personalizing cupcakes, cakes and cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Have not tried with royal icing before. I need to polish on my decorating skills! You did a good job with the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

What's the buzz?