Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pot Stickers

These Pot Stickers were easier than I thought and
the flavor was authentic.

1lb ground pork
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t red pepper flakes
1 t sesame oil
3 cloves garlic
1 ½ t  fresh ginger
Vegetable oil
Wonton wrappers, round if you can find them, I could only find the square ones

Place ground pork in mixing bowl.
Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and sesame oil to pork
Remove paper from garlic cloves by smashing them with flat knife
Add garlic to pork mixture using a garlic press or microplane, (if you don’t have a garlic press, mince finely)
Peel ginger root and add 1 ½ teaspoon of ginger to pork mixture using a microplane or fine grater (If you don’t have a microplane, get one! They have all kinds of uses.)
Mix all ingredients together

Preheat oven to 350
Make 24 small oval meatballs and place on cookie sheet.
Bake 15 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.


Lay out a wonton wrapper.
Wet edges of wonton wrapper with water.
Place a meatball in center of wrapper.

Crimp edges of wonton wrapper together and pleat using water as “glue”.

Place on sheet pan or plate and cover with damp towel to keep moist.
This didn’t take as long as I thought so I’m already thinking about what else I can stuff into these wonton wrappers.

Heat large skillet on high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil.
Place all pot stickers in pan and brown the bottom of pot stickers. The bottom of the pot stickers should form a crust.

After browning the bottom of pot stickers, add ¾ cup of water to pan and cover skillet with lid.
Steam pot stickers for 5 minutes.


Remove from pan and serve hot with soy sauce.

These disappeared quickly which is always a good sign!

I use microplanes all the time. They're a huge time saver and make pretty garnishes. 







12 comments:

  1. Your wonton looks great! I have just made some wonton hats, deep-fried, a couple of days ago. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! Your wanton crimping skills are quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Asian style finger foods. The pot stickers sound yummy, crispy underneath with a softer top. What a nice contrast.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice message, Hope to see more of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pot stickers are the best. :) These look amazing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow these look wonderful save a few for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan of wontons! Yours look absolutely perfect - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe! I like the drape-making action. It may drive me mad when no time, but often soothe me and raise my focus. Lovely kitchen therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. those look easy enough to make! I have seen them with a cram cheese crabmeat filling , they would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love me some potstickers and I have never really thought of trying to cook them myself. I did just cook my own eggrolls though and can't wait to share the recipe but your pot stickers look fabulous and i will definitely be trying them! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look great! My husband is Korean so we love making and eating Asian food. Thanks for sharing. I agree about the Microplane tool. So useful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I have always wanted to make pot stickers, but am too lazy :)
    These look totally do-able!

    ReplyDelete

What's the buzz?